Galvanized wire rope net is the most common seen rockfall barrier type.
Galvanized wire rope net is the most common used rockfall barrier type. It is made of hot dipped galvanized steel wire rope. The wire ropes are intersected and fixed by the clips. The steel wire rope has higher tensile strength than the steel wires.
The galvanized wire rope net can be used individually or it can be used with chain link fence or hexagonal wire meshes. When it is used individually, it is commonly used in the mountains which the stones is large and the impact is huge. When it is used combined with chain link fence or hexagonal wire mesh, the mountain or the slope is loose and have several small stones. The chain link fence or the hexagonal wire mesh can block the small stones.
- Galvanized wire rope net. The main component of steel wire rope rockfall barrier system. It is made of 8 mm steel wire rope and then woven into steel wire rope net with diamond shapes. Steel wire rope has high tensile strength and load capacity.
- Chain link fence. Chain link fence is another important component. It is used with galvanized wire rope net to make up the disadvantages of galvanized wire rope net. Place the chain link fence in the wire rope net to block and prevent the smaller stones from falling down. The chain link meshes are made of hot dipped galvanized materials for corrosion and rust resistance.
- Wire rope anchor. Made of steel wire rope, the wire rope anchor is mainly used for fastening the galvanized wire rope net and chain link meshes on the mountain firmly. The wire rope anchor has higher tensile strength and better flexible performance than the concrete anchor.
- Supporting rope. Supporting rope is placed along the galvanized wire rope net, it is used for share the loading and pressure of the wire rope net. Support rope is also made of 8 mm steel wire rope, which has high loading capacity and tensile strength.
- Sewing rope. Sewing rope is mainly used for connecting the neighbor steel wire rope net and form a whole protection for the mountain. Sewing rope is very important, 8 mm steel wire rope can supply high loading capacity to prevent the stones from leakage in the joint.
Galvanized wire rope net.
Chain link meshes.
Wire rope anchor.
Specifications of galvanized wire rope net
- Material: hot dipped galvanized steel wire rope.
- Steel wire rope diameter: 8 mm.
- Steel wire rope mesh size: 300 mm × 300 mm.
- Chain link mesh wire diameter: 2.2 mm.
- Chain link mesh size: 50 mm × 50 mm.
- Supporting rope diameter: 12 mm or 16 mm.
- Sewing rope diameter: 8 mm.
Features of galvanized wire rope net
- High tensile strength.
- Active or passive protection system for choice.
- High load capacity.
- Environmental friendly. Can blended with surrounding environments.
- Corrosion and rust resistance. Hot dipped galvanized surface treatment supplies chemical stability.
- Durable and long service life. Maintain good condition in the harsh environment and huge attacks.
Applications of galvanized wire rope net
Galvanized wire rope net can be used in active rockfall barrier system and passive rockfall barrier system.
- Galvanized wire rope net has the same applications with PVC coated wire rope net. It is widely used in the mountains and slopes to prevent stones from falling down.
- It can also be prevent the landslide, debris flow, snow avalanche and other natural hazard so as to protect the people and properties' safe.
Active galvanized wire rope net system.
Passive galvanized wire rope net system.